Orbis Terrae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orbis Terrae

An Amateur Roleplaying Site.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Start of a Job

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:28 pm

With the horses, they made pretty good time getting to the capital of Hyura and to the Hyuran lord that was hosting the Dhamperan lord, who's well-being and safety was now in Rohesia's hands. The mansion they arrived at was impressive compared to the rest of the Hyuran buildings with large bright brick stone walls and high fences and a well groomed lawn. However, having seen Dhamperan Mansions, this was nothing to Rohesia and she smiled, carefully getting off her the horse and walking up to meet the lord she was now being paid to protect.

He was a skinny young man, no older than 19 years old and looked so weak that Rohesia swore a child could knock him over. Rohesia shook the young lord's hand and smiled at him, speaking to him in the dhamperan language as easily as she had spoken the Hyuran language with Eire. Then after a few moments, the lords eyes drifted back to Eire and he smiled gently.

Rohesia quickly turned to Eire and smiled. "This is the lord we're protecting Eire," She said first in Hyuran and then looked at the Lord. "This is Eire. She'll be helping me." Rohesia said to the Lord then in Dhamperan again. The lord merely nodded and turned to the man servant that had accompanied him, asked a question and turned back to look at Rohesia.

"Rest up. I won't leave here until the morning." He told Rohesia, before dismissing himself.
Back to top Go down
https://orbis-terrae-rp.rpg-board.net
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Eire looked at the white bricked building with some shock and and awe as they walked the horses up to the gate and dismounted. Turning her attention to a young Dhampheran lord who came out of the building. Upon seeing how weak he was, Eireann immediatly hid her disgust. As Rohesia introduced him and her to him she nodded respectully but didn't smile; this was business, nothing more. As he dismissed himself, Eire turned to Rohesia and said one word: "Really?" The tone showed all her disgust in the young lord's weakness as she opened her mind to her friend.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Blinking, Rohesia turned to look at her companion when she spoke. The smile she gave Eire was a gentle one, but the look in her eyes played on warning. "I suppose you see why I was called in as body-guard now, don't you? Most of the lord's sons are able to protect themselves, but this one cannot." Rohesia quickly allowed a servant to take her mare to the stables and thanked him politely. "He was born with several physical weaknesses. One of them including a poor immune system, I'm afraid."

Rohesia yawned and then stretched. "Of course, considering his body doesn't work the way it should, he's not at his best to be physically ready to learn to fight." She glanced at Eire again. "Thus why this young man needs my services." This time Rohesia winked and started down the cobblestone pathway. "Just try to be nice to him if you bump into him, Eire."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Eire grumbled but nodded none the less. "Yeah I know. It's just... well.... I'm so used to survival of the fittest, you know? she stumbled through her words then just finally gave her thoughts to Rohesia as another servant took Kuroi and stabled him after Eire gave him a pat on the nose.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Rohesia nodded with understanding. "Things are different in Dhampera..." She said calmly and walked into the front doors of the mansion. "Of course it's still in some part 'survival of the fittest', but a lord will pay a good amount on medicine and protection for his sons if they're not able to do it themselves." She shrugged and looked around the hallway, it full of fine portraits and rowed with candles. The candles being the only light source. "And I can't really complain. Most of my money these days comes from body-guarding. I actually haven't had a mission to kill someone in ages."

A slow grin slid across Rohesia's face at a memory that sprung to mind. In her eyes, for those few seconds there was a glint of insanity, before she blinked and rubbed her forehead, giving a gentle chuckle as if nothing happened. "The lord's son said the Hyuran lord who owns this place has set up supper for us. We can head to the kitchen to fetch it and then rest a while before morning." She glanced back at her. "I warn you now, the morning will be hectic."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Blinking, and following Rohesia into the mansion, Eireann just nodded. "It makes sense, seeing as he's a Dhampheran lord. However, it is fact that I was not raised the Dhampheran way." she shrugged. "Food does sound good as we have not had much over the past twenty four hours." Eire grinned at Rohesia.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Looking back at her companion, Rohesia nods. "I wasn't really raised at all, I'm afraid." She shrugged gently. "An orphanage doesn't do much." Again she shrugs and walks in the direction of the kitchen. The smells coming from them were a mix of breads, meats and pastries and it smelt lovely to Rohesia.

"I refuse to be in the lower-class all my life," Rohesia said, voice suddenly darker. "I don't want to beg for my food or money and thus, I'll do anything in order to remain where I am or to advance a level." She looks back at Eire, eyes cold and unfeeling. "If I have to kill someone in the next few days to protect the lord's son, I will, Eire. No hesitations."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Eire shrugged and didn't react at the change of tone or the coldness within Rohesia's eyes. For the longest time, that's what she heard when she herself talked and what she saw when she looked in the reflecting glass. "Killing is something I won't hesistate to do either. I, honestly, understand where you get your feelings. Not only do I not want to have to beg for what I get, but I'm tired of being looked down on because of what I am." Eire said, looking her right in the eye, her nostels twitching at the scents of meats and bread.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Rohesia nodded once. It was a quick and sharp gesture and would have been so easy to miss. Rohesia didn't need to explain herself to Eire, which was good. She was rarely good at explaining anyway. Taking a deep breath, sucking in the tastes in the air, Rohesia felt something... odd. She frowned slowly, stopping in the middle of the hall, her eyes narrowed at the kitchen door. "Do you smell it?" She whispered to Eire and glanced once over her shoulder. Her nose was twitching and though her sense of smell wasn't all that strong, she knew the scent anywhere... It was way to familiar.

Rohesia rubbed her forehead once wearily and let a hand fall to her belt, her hand wrapping around the hilt of one of her daggers. "I really did think tonight was going to be easy." Rohesia sighed with frustration. "Of course, no can ever let it be that way."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Eire's red eyes darkened as her twitching nose picked up another scent besides the food. "What is that?" She asked, her hands instinctively gripping her spear and she spun on her heel to watch Rohesia's back. "I don't like that scent, not at all...." she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Rohesia chuckled quietly, the sound dark. "It appears one of the chefs is one of the lord's enemies. A chef has an easy assassin job, I'm afraid." She slipped the dagger out of it's sheath then and walked casually into the kitchen, glancing almost nonchalantly around the room before her eyes locked onto a target. Exchanging a few words with a few of the other cooks, Rohesia made her way across the room and to where the scent was the strongest.

Poison, Rohesia thought, letting the thought touch Eire's mind. It was only seconds later that the blade of the dagger dug into the man's back, cutting through spinal cord and going right into the heart. Blood oozed slowly from the wound at first and then quickly and some stained Rohesia's hands.

"What a fool..." Rohesia said flatly when the panic began to set in. "Then quickly she picked up the bottle beside what she presumed was the lord's supper, before looking at the next chef in charge. "Prepare a whole new meal for the young lord," She ordered in a suddenly demanding note. "And call your servants to remove this old fool immediately." With that, she walked back to the front of the room and picked up a plate, again acting as if nothing had just happened.

"Shall we eat something now, Eire?" She said, a cheerful smile crossing her face.
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Eire relaxed as she stepped into the kitchen and watched Rohesia dive her dagger into the man's back a split second after the she sent the thought of poison to her. She just stepped aside as the cooks jumped to Rohesia's orders and walked over to a table and sat down as she waited for food, deciding to forgoe any alcohol tonight.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Rohesia smiled and sat down beside Eire, wiping the blood off her hands and onto a towel. "I'm afraid the lord of this house won't be pleased knowing he's one cook short now..." she shrugged. "But it's not my fault. Not anymore." She watched the servants bustle around, them watching Rohesia with fear. Nonetheless, they still set food on the table but quickly scampered off, fearing that they would be the next ones to have a blade stuck in their back.

Rohesia started eating calmly, watching the servants obey the commands given.
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Eire ate as she watched the servants scamper in fear. "You know, I'm so used to that sort of reaction from the people of Hyura everywhere I go. They all know that I'm an assassin for hire." she said, shrugging. "I'm sorry to say that it feels kinda good not to be the only one to get this sort of reaction..." Eireann said, giving Rohesia an apologetic glance.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Taking a bite of food, Rohesia shrugs. "It doesn't bother me any. From the beginning I was a killer. It's really all I know." Rohesia's eyes went distant for a moment. Taking a deep breath, she shook it off and gave another smile. "In Dhampera, I'm one of the most feared women. They don't even have a bounty on my head, because they know it's useless." Her smile grew into a grin and she took another bite of food. "I've killed all the hunters who were after me and finally the government gave up. As long as I don't kill anyone important then they don't throw quite a fuss though."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Eire just shrugged as she ate. "Sound's about right., however the government doesn't really care here, heck they've hired me themselves sometimes, to get rid of competitors." she said, taking a drink of water.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Rohesia nodded and took a wine that was offered her and sipped it. "Dhampera is a stricter country I'm afraid..." She said, voice almost disappointed. "So many laws and such. They're a pain to get around at times." She took another sip of the wine and considered something. "May I ask a question Eire?"
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Eire nodded. "Ask away."
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:10 pm

"How long have you been killing?" Rohesia asked. "And how old were you when you started?" Both of the questions were asked casually, as if they were an every day question.
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Eire just shrugged. "Honestly, I've been doing ti so long, I don't remember... killing is just a way of life to me now." she said, nonchalantly, chuckling slightly as she watched the closest maid pale even more than she already had.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Rohesia nodded again and took another sip of wine. "To be honest, my first kill was when I was young." She smiled as she spoke and watched the Maid scamper off like the rest. "I believe I was six or seven years of age. Of course, I was too young to understand what I was doing. Everyone thought that one instance was what made me..." Hesitates as if searching for the right word. "Corrupt. Yes, corrupt." She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 pm

She blinked. The idea of someone being corrupt..."What a word to use." was all that she could say.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Nibbling on a piece of break, Rohesia nodded and sat back, looking around the kitchen. It was nearly empty now and that amused Rohesia to no end. "We'll have to get a good nights sleep. Lords can be so busy when they're out an about in the city, I'm afraid." Rohesia gave a simple smile, falling back into sanity. "We'll be given his schedule in the morning. So if we end up losing him, we'll be able to check the next stop or along the way to the next stop." She set the empty wine glass on the table then and sighed. "It's the way I always do things. It lessens the panic if I do end up losing someone."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Start of a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of a Job   The Start of a Job Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Start of a Job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Orbis Terrae :: Kingdom of Hyura :: Mansions/Houses-
Jump to: