Orbis Terrae
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orbis Terrae

An Amateur Roleplaying Site.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Empty
PostSubject: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Her boots made a crunching sound as she walked along the gravel path that ran through the forest. She made no attempt to bother to conceal her presence, why should she? She was obviously the most dangerous thing walking the path no matter the time of day. The buckles on her baldric clinked and clanked with each sure step, the high ponytail of long black hair swished from side to side over the unstrung bow and quiver of arrows, the butt of the red-colored spear hit the ground in a repetative pattern, and brilliant red eyes, surrounded by scars and covered by a lock of red hair on the right side, glared ahead as she walked.
Eireann, or Eire as her father used to call her, was a frequent occupant of the forest of poor Hyura, even more frequent than the the pitpockets and theives that hid behind the trees, not daring to show their faces to her. Her skill with the weapons she carried was legendary, almost as lengendary as the number of people who have lost their lives to her hands. To Eire's eyes, her hands were needlessly stained with blood, however, the only way she really knew how to make a living was to be hired as a mercenary, it was what she was good at, and it gave her the money to waste at the tavern once in a while, the few times that she'll allow herself to wallow in self-pity. She never really needed to buy food, except for bread, because she was a forester as well as a warrior, she knew how to hunt and scavange.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:59 pm

It wasn't often that Rohesia found herself in the forests of Hyura, but when on a job, she frequently had to travel them, fighting off each and every criminal as she went. Even though Rohesia wasn't much better than the thieves and pickpockets when it came to making her living, she would never consider herself a criminal, regardless of the things she'd done to gain half the money currently in her coin purse. Sighing, Rohesia scrubbed a hand across her forehead and looked around as the crunching of feet against the rocky path sounded.

Another thief, Rohesia thought irritatedly as she searched for the source of the noise, her hand going to the sword attached to her hip as she walked forward, seeing the woman a few seconds later. She didn't quite look like every other thief, but then again most thieves didn't look the type either. Perhaps that was why everyone always fell for their tricks. She wasn't about to underestimate this woman, regardless of how she appeared and so the grip on the sword didn't loosen, but nor did she pull it from it's sheath.

She showed the girl a slight smile, her green eyes gleaming with amusement as she watched the woman. "I'll give you 20 seconds to state your name," Rohesia warned, voice cold and unfeeling, going against what was showing in her eyes. "And I'd be mindful about your actions."
Back to top Go down
https://orbis-terrae-rp.rpg-board.net
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:07 am

Eireann stopped, looking at the girl who stood before her, hand on the hilt of her sword, and raised an eyebrow. "You think me a common criminal, girl? Or do you not know who you stand before?" she asked, mockingly. She could see that the girl was a hybrid, like herself, but obviously not from Hyura as the people from Hyura all knew of her, if not her appearance. Eire's red eyes glinted as she ignored the threat and the cold voice. "You're not from around here." It was a statement, not a question.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:19 am

Raising an eyebrow at the woman's tone, Rohesia grinned and shrugged her shoulders. "You never know what lengths even the best of Hyurans would do for money," she answered and watched the woman's hand as it moved to her sword. Grinning, she continued, "And no, I am not from here, nor would I want to be. I'm on a job, nothing more and nothing less. Now, your turn to give some answers."

As she watched the woman, Rohesia began scanning her environment, feigning distraction as she processed possible hiding spots and trees that could be of use when and if it came down to a fight. Slowly, she also realized how she must look to this woman. Her light green linen shirt clean and wrinkle free along with unstained leather trousers and her emerald green cloak that flowed gently in the breeze coming through the trees. She began wondering slightly whether the woman would underestimate her like everyone else, or whether this woman would be one of the fews who could see through the facade.
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:31 am

Eire watched the girl as she scanned her environment and heaved a sigh. "Aye, the lengths that Hyurans would go to for money is down right bloody at times. Oh and you can quit pretending, I'm not stupid." she said, taking her hand from her hilt. "Nor am I a pitpocket or theif. Unfortunatly, I'm a merc but that's all I'm good for." She turned around and started walking back the other way. "Since I'm obviously just in your way, I'll be on mine." she called over her shoulder. However she didn't get too far when a snicker made her stop and turn towards the trees, a theif stepping into view.
"No, I don't think you will, at least not until you drop everything of value." he said and snickered again.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:36 am

Rohesia watched her and then saw the thief and echoed the woman's sigh before rushing forward, her movements half blurred as she ran behind the thief, a dagger out and pressed to the thief's throat in seconds. "She'll walk away from here with all her possessions," She growled, voice dark and dangerous suddenly, going against her soft and fragile appearance. "Whether you walk away with your head, is up to you." As if to assure the thief that she wasn't kidding around, she dug the dagger into his skin, barely cutting enough to draw blood.
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:51 am

Eire snickered in turn. "Girl, either you just saved his life, or you've taken his blood unto you own hands. But in case you haven't realized, I don't carry these weapons for decoration." she said, scornfully, the spear twirling between the fingers of her right hand, her left on her hip. In the next moment, the twirling spear was whistling through the air towards a tree behind Eireann. The blade bit deep into the wood with a thwak! and screech sounded as another man fell backwards away from said tree and scrambled around to see who threw it.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 1:02 am

Frowning, Rohesia knocked the man out, dropping his unconscious body to the ground before turning to the woman again. "The name is Rohesia," she said, voice irritated again. "And I don't kill unless paid to or in my own defense." slowly, a grin came across her face as she slid the dagger back into it's sheath and wiped the blood on the sides of her trousers. Looking back at the man the woman had killed, Rohesia gave another slight smile, not even in the slightest bit fazed by what the woman had done.

"It's also best to not mark me off as a fool," She continued, her voice taking that dark edge again as she glanced up. "And believe me, I do not underestimate any possible opponent either." Looking around again, Rohesia listened, ears twitching as she listened for footsteps, finding that there were, but none were actually all that close at the moment; other than the man the woman had startled anyway. Rubbing her forehead again, Rohesia sighed, suddenly unsure whether taking this job in Hyura was even worth it anymore and whether she'd somehow gotten herself into more trouble than it was worth.
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 1:19 am

Walking to the tree where her spear was embedded, she said. "Eireann....Eireann Dobhailen." She reached up and, seemingly effortlessly, pulled her spear from the thick trunk. "It's good to know that you don't underestimate anyone but don't overestimate them either. So, Rohesia, what brings you to Hyura?"
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 am

Glancing back at the woman--Eireann--Rohesia gives a small smile. "As I said earlier, I'm here for a job. Nothing more and nothing less." Sighing, she glances toward the path that heads toward the main city. "I'm beginning to think travelling all this way isn't worth the gold coins I was promised."

Watching the path and keeping an ear out, she carefully walks down the path toward Eireann, until she stands a few feet away. "And I do not overestimate either." she gives a slight grin. "Regardless of my appearance I am not a rookie enough to over or underestimate anyone. Remember that."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Eireann chuckled. "So I see. So what is this job that you've come all this way to do?" she asked genuinly curious. She walked over to the side of the path and leaned against a tree, placing her spear so that the blade was in her lap, Eire pulled out a cloth and a water skin. Pouring some of the water over the blade, she wiped it clean of the wood dust from the tree and inspected it for any chips. Satisfied that her blade was still in perfect condition, Eireann looked up at Rohesia.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Rohesia smiled slightly before shrugging her shoulders. "A Dhamperan Lord asked me to watch his enemies while his son is here in the country," The words were simply said and Rohesia found no point in lying. She was doing nothing wrong and definitely nothing illegal. "The son has bodyguards, but I'm more to make sure no one plans anything against the boy." A darker grin slid across Rohesia's face as she thought of the possible things the enemy lord would plan on the Dhamperan Lord's youngest son and what she would be able to do in retalliation.

Blinking slightly, she returned her attention to the woman, all expressions fading from her face. "The boy arrives in the main city tomorrow and I must get there by then too or risk failing my duties."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:37 pm

"By tomorrow, huh?" Eire said, thinking, her gaze sliding to the ground. "You are quite some ways still from the main city, but if we got some horses I bet we could get you there in time." She looked back up. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not going with because I feel you need protection or anything, I just don't see why not, it's not like I have anywhere to go myself." Eireann shrugged. "Besides, I hear that the best tavern in Hyura is in the main city and, amazingly enough, I have yet to go there." Standing up, Eire looked at Rohesia. "Shall we?" she said, gesturing in the direction that Rohesia was headed in.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:47 pm

"Very Well," She said without hesitation before continuing her way down the path. She didn't see a problem of bringing this woman with her. If anything, it would make things easier as she went along the forest pathes. Two pairs of eyes and ears were definitely better than one and she had an odd sense of trust with this hybrid. Whether the trustworthy feeling came from them both being hybrids, or whether it was just Rohesia's stupidity acting out again, she wasn't sure. All she knew was that she would trust this woman until she proved unworthy of her trust.

Curiously, Rohesia looked over at Eireann, noting every one of her weapons with interest. "All the weapons you're carrying is a little over-kill, isn't it?" Rohesia asked. "Even I don't carry so much."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Eireann looked at Rohesia out of the corner of her eyes as they walked. "Why you ask?" She thought about it as her red eyes moved forward again. "Perhaps because I like the reach that I get with my spear, but there are times, like during battle, I have to throw it to defeat my enemies and to defend myself from further onslaught I draw my twin blades. The bow and arrows are for hunting or.....assassinations that I would perhaps have to kill the target from a distance without hope of retrieving my weapon." Eire said casually. She glanced back at the girl deciding that there would be no reason not to trust her and befriend her. [i]Why not?[i] she thought. [i]Besides, we're both hybrids in a country where hybrids are trash, and we're both women with the skills to live.[i] To be Rohesia's friend might not be such a bad thing, maybe she'll even be able to leave Hyura for good and do something other than be a killer for hire. "Eire, you can call me Eire." she said, looking at the trees to the side to hide her akwardness.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Rohesia nods with understanding at the answer before looking forward down the path again. "I wish I could give you a short version of my name," She said a little awkwardly, "Unfortunately it's just Rohesia." Rubbing the back of her neck, she glances over at the woman again, noticing the direction in which the woman's eyes were directed and felt the awkwardness between them and heard a few of the woman's thoughts. After deciphering all she could from the thoughts she heard, Rohesia instantly felt guilty. She was never good at controlling whether or not she caught unguarded thoughts or not and half the time she wished she didn't. Yes, sometimes it was useful, but it did tend to scare people away or make the situation worse at times.

"I must warn you," She continued quietly, voice calm and friendly for once, "I'm telepathic. I can hear any of your thoughts if you don't guard them." turning her attention back on the path again, Rohesia let out a sigh. "But I promise, if you get me to the main city by tomorrow, at the end of the two weeks, I'll let you accompany back to Dhampera. I'll even pay the border-crossing fee."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Eire's head snapped in Rohesia's direction. "Telepathic? Well, I guess I'll have to work on guarding my thoughts then. And as for going to Dhamphera with you, I thank you." She stared foward again. "Perhaps, to pass the two weeks.....I could help you with this job, just to pass the time....and for no pay of course, as I'm simply doing this.....for a friend." Eire looked at Rohesia and smiled, a genuine, friendly smile, one that no one has ever seen cross the merc's face since her father was murdered.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Rohesia smiled and chuckled quietly. "Your pay will be staying with me in my suite at the inn run by one of the local lords. It's big enough for two people. I believe it even has two beds." Rohesia glanced over at Eireann again. "All our meals should also be paid for by the lord that hired me." At the thought of food, Rohesia's stomach growled and she frowned. She hadn't really realized just how hungry she really was, until now. Thinking back she realized she hadn't eaten anything since yesterday morning before she'd left the village inn at the edge of Hyura. Nor had she thought of stocking anything up in either of her pouches to eat for later. She cursed her stupidity on the fact that she hadn't planned ahead, though she wasn't used to having to plan for food. Usually if she did travel for jobs like this, food was either provided or it would be found from village to village every half day of travelling.
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Eire chuckled at the rumbling stomach of her companion. "Hungry? If you want, we could find a clearing a camp for a bit. I'll hunt us down some food, we can cook it over a fire and eat then be back on the road." She said, stopping and looking from side to side, then, not waiting for an answer, turned to the left and headed off the path into the forest itself.
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Rohesia blinks with surprise watching Eire walk off the path and with a small frown she chases after her, each footstep through the forest being soundless, just as her footsteps had been on the dirt path. "As long as we're not late on getting to the main city, I suppose." She said hesitantly, not sure what else there was to say, considering the woman was already bent on hunting something down. Awkwardly, she followed Eire through the forest, picking up a few pieces of wood as they went, trying to at least seem somewhat useful. "But we can't stay long. We only have until tomorrow night to meet up with the lord's son."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:57 pm

"Relax, Rohesia. I'll get you to the main city by tomorrow night if it's the last thing I do, but we still need food, besides, when was the last time you ate? Oh and we'll be traveling though the night so we'll be on time." Eire said as she stepped into a clearing. "If you want to go ahead and set up the fire pit, I'll light it and then I'll hunt something down."
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:07 pm

"Yesterday morning was when the last time I ate. I haven't really run into any other villages since I got into the country," Rohesia answered and did as she was ordered, setting up the fire as she was used to, arranging the pieces of wood before setting off around the clearing to find more. As she picked up a few pieces, she thought of what Eire said. Traveling through the night in this country is mad, Rohesia thought, green eyes suddenly distracted. The true criminals come out in the late hours.

Glancing back at Eire she considered what the woman had done earlier with the spear. She had no doubt that they'd make it to the city in one piece, but Rohesia knew she'd be exhausted by the time they did arrive. Sighing, she walked back over to the fire pit and arranged a bit more of the wood and reached into her pouch pockets, pulling out an old piece of parchment and crumpling it, before pulling out her dagger. Over the years, Rohesia had lived on her own with a fireplace that was stubborn to light. She was used to it and now it only took her a few strikes of flint against the dagger and the parchment was on fire. Carefully, Rohesia fed the fire until it was strong to keep itself going before looking over at Eire and watching her.
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Eire nodded. "Of course you didn't run into any villages, most of the people have left because of poverty or the lack of acceptance of hybrids. And if you are thinking about the dangers of night travel in Hyura, don't worry." Eire looked over her shoulder, her red eyes glinting in the firelight, giving her the look of a demon or perhaps a vampire. Either way, she was rather scary looking with the scar curving around her eye. "I'm the most dangerous thing you'll come across in this country."
Back to top Go down
Rohesia Fletcher
Admin
Rohesia Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:35 pm

Unfazed by the dark look, Rohesia smiled and nodded slowly. "Dhampera is very different then," She commented and fed another stick to the fire before sitting back in the grass and watching the flame dance. "But I think you'll like it. Hybrids aren't shunned like they are here," Rohesia glanced at Eire again and smiled. She already missed her home town and missed the faces her neighbors, but she had a job to do and she would see it through.

"I'll show you my home-town when this job is over, Eire." Rohesia said, "I think you'll like many of the people and I'm sure a few would be willing to help you settle in, if you chose to stay."
Back to top Go down
Eireann Dobhailen
Moderators
Eireann Dobhailen

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Eire smiled, the dark look vanishing. "I'd like that." She said, smiling. "I'll be back, nothing too big? How about some hare?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path   Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pitpockets and Theives on the Forest Path
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Orbis Terrae :: Kingdom of Hyura :: Forests-
Jump to: